Monday, April 29, 2019

Route To WASSCE


 ROUTE TO WASSCE

As I step my first leg in Grade 12 race,
My thoughts begin to focus more on WASSCE
As it get closer and closer each day
Confused I become on the way
I’m I well prepared to avoid dismay?
Would exams be in May?
Or would it will be as early as April?
Cuz I spent my Grade 10 trying to settle down
For some of my subjects are new in town
In Grade 11, the syllabus goes on to frown
I’m constrained with time and need this crown
I’ve missed my contact hours due to countless breaks
I need to burn the midnight candle to catch up with time
I can’t attend the extra classes cuz can’t afford the dime
But I believe with determination, 
I can reach my destination
I must tie my belt and desist procrastination
Until then, I must study harder to be part of the celebration 
With distinctions to raise the flag of my nation
And this I must do to pass my WASSCE examination

©Marabi Amfaal Hydara
The Humanitarian Poet 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE IS A SCAMMER

She is a liar, She is a liar,  She is a big lair,  She is a big big lair...  Pretending to be happy,  Like everything is as she desired,  Bu...