Friday, July 3, 2020

Why Joke At Being Real?

She blew into my life 
Like a sweet summer breeze,
Stole my heart in  instant, 
Made me weak in the knees...

She seemed so sincere 
When she'd look in my eyes
And say the things i've waited 
To hear my whole life.

I thought she was different... 
I thought she was real.
I never thought i could feel 
the way she made me feel.

I just don't understand why 
She wasted the time
When there was nothing 
To gain on her end or mine.

It was perfectly senseless...
Not one reason why.
She would just disappear 
Without saying goodbye.

She had me floating on air, 
then let me crash to the ground.
It's too much to wrap my mind around.

Why joke at being real? 
No one wins in the end.
Someone always gets hurt 
When the other pretends.

Why say all those things 
When you don't mean a word?
It's mean and it's cruel
It's completely absurd.

Now i'm left here to wonder 
What could've gone wrong,
Why just stopped calling,
Why she strung me along?

My thoughts, they consume me, Like a crop consumes rain.
Another sleepless night just Might driven me insane.

I toss and turn over again.
I can't help but feel like 
I've lost my best friend.

But a friend would be honest, Wouldn't play with your heart.
A friend wouldn't lie to you 
Right from the start.

A friend would still be 
There come tomorrow
A friend would comfort, 
Not cause you sorrow.

I wonder 
if...whatever her reasons may be 
That surely she knew 
Her actions would hurt me?

And i wonder if from time to time
The thought of me might cross her mind?

Does she think my "angel" eyes 
Filled with tears because she lied?
Does my memory haunt her in  sleep?
For her it's probably not that deep.
I truly wish her all the best,
Hope she's okay and happiness...

Finds everything she's looking for...
Good health, true love and so much more.

I miss her, and it breaks my heart, 
That it had to end 
before it got to start.

©Marabi Amfaal Hydara
The Humanitarian Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE IS A SCAMMER

She is a liar, She is a liar,  She is a big lair,  She is a big big lair...  Pretending to be happy,  Like everything is as she desired,  Bu...